Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the participants of Cricket Premier League (CPL 2010) throughout the term of the Selections of Probables including the Registrations, Short-listing, Training Camps, Team Selections as well as matches, trials, tests etc. conducted during the course of the selection, organised and owned by Cricket Premier League (CPL).
The eligibility criteria for participation in the trials are as follows:
1.The participant must be above 15 years of age as on 30-Sep-2009 and must carry proof of age at the Trial venue. At least one of the following documents is mandatory as proof of age:
a. Birth Certificate
b. School Leaving Certificate
d. Driving License
e. Voter Card
f. PAN Card
2. The participant must have at least one of the following forms of photo-identification as proof of identity, and must carry it to the Trials venue:
b. School / college / cricket club photo ID card
c. Bank photo-ID card
d. Voters photo-ID card (if over 18 years of age)
e. Driving license (if over 18 years of age)
f. PAN card (if over 18 years of age)
3. If the participant's age is between 15 and 18 years of age as on 30-Sep-2009, the participant's natural or legal guardian must certify their approval for participation by countersigning this form.
4. The participant must be a citizen of India.
5. The participant must not have any criminal record and should have no criminal proceedings currently pending against him in any court or tribunal, in India or abroad.
6. The participant must be of sound mind and health, and must not have any illness, disability or health condition that would expose either the participant, or any other participants or organizers of the event, to any health risk. The Participant will have to provide an undertaking to this effect as a prerequisite to participation in the Trials.
7. The participant should not be restrained from participating in the Trials, by any law, judgment, ruling, or medical opinion, either currently in effect or coming into force during the schedule of the Trials.
II. Terms of Participation:
1. CPL reserves the right to define the Short-listing process & final Selections during Trials and at anytime make changes, amendments or alterations as may be required. The changes will be intimated only on our website at www.cpl2020.com
2. Participation in the trials will be entirely at the cost of the participant, and no outstation travel cost, accommodation cost, food or subsistence costs, or any other claims or reimbursements will be borne by the CPL, its organizers, the television channels, sponsors or any other entities associated with the CPL.
3. CPL, its organizers, the television channels, sponsors or any other entities associated with the CPL will not be responsible for any permanent or temporary injuries, disabilities, accidents or health issues caused directly or indirectly suffered by a participant or a third party as a consequence of any act or omission by a participant during the trials, the training camps, as well as matches, tests etc. conducted during the course of the selection process. The participant, and in the case of participants below 18 years of age, the participant's legal guardian, agrees and undertakes to indemnify all entities associated with the CPL against all costs and claims for medical treatment, health issues or injuries.
4. In the event of any injury caused by a participant to another participant during the trials by virtue of physical aggression, violence, fight or assault, whether on venue during the cricket matches/trials or at the place of residence of the participants during the course of the trials, the participant, and in the case of participants below 18 years of age, the participant's legal guardian, agrees to indemnify all entities associated with the CPL against all costs and claims for medical treatment, health issues or injuries of such injured participant. CPL retains the right to expel any participant violating the Terms and Conditions from the Selection Process at any stage of the CPL.
5. The selected probables must confirm in writing their availability at the Training Camp location they are selected for, for the entire duration of the Selection (estimated to be 15 days) , for which the venue as well as the specific dates are intimated as part of the Selection notification.
6. In case selected in the Final Selections phase, the participants must confirm in writing their availability at the location of the Final Training Camp anywhere in India, for the entire duration of the Pre- Cricket Premier League and CPL 2010(estimated to be up to 6 weeks), with no constraints such as school or college classes, examinations, vacation plans, family events or travel plans.
7. The participants for each venue of the trials shall be selected at the sole discretion of the esteemed Selectors/Panel of Selectors appointed by CPL and their decision shall be final and binding on all participants subject to the approval of the CPL.
8. CPL may at their sole discretion hold registrations at any venue in India for a limited number of persons on a discretionary basis post closure of registrations.
9. The participant agrees that CPL shall have the right to record sound, photographic images and video of all actions, statements and opinions by the participants including without limitation, events taking place prior to, during, and after the trials, in whole or in part on any media, by any means in all locations at the venues of the trials/training camps and to commercially exploit the resulting product in perpetuity. The rights on these recordings shall exclusively vest with CPL, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights worldwide and in perpetuity. CPL may re-record or broadcast the recordings or any edited version of the same in any manner whatsoever without seeking a review by the participants and without any payment to the participants.
10. The participants agree that the registration details as provided by the participant exclusively vest with CPL, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights worldwide and in perpetuity.
11. The participant undertakes not to change his professional name in whole or part, nor to participate under any other name, throughout the duration of the CPL, without the prior written consent of CPL.
12. The participant undertakes not to impersonate any person or entity or forge the identity of any person to participate in the CPL.
III. Legal conditions and undertakings for Minors:
Please note that in case of participants below 18 years of age, the guardian shall sign on behalf of the participant and by signing these Terms and Conditions and CPL Rules of Conduct, the guardian (i) represents and warrants to CPL that the person signing on behalf of the participant is the legal parent or guardian of the participant, and (ii) agrees to the following on behalf of the participant;
1. The guardian agrees that he/she has no objection against the participant participating in the CPL;
2. The guardian agrees that he/she allows CPL to record the performance of the participant's participation in the CPL, the terms and conditions of which have been detailed herein;
3. The guardian grants to CPL all consents and permissions and agrees that all performance rights, copyright, rights of privacy, publicity rights and all other rights in and to the CPL, any photographic films and sound recordings made by CPL in connection with the CPL using the participant's performance, belong to the CPL absolutely and that CPL shall have the right to cut, edit, modify, update or incorporate the performance into any other materials or work products or otherwise alter such recordings for any use, or not use such recordings at all. The guardian further acknowledges and consents that CPL shall be entitled to use and exploit the performance in whatever manner, media and format without incurring any liability to the participant (or to the guardian) or making any acknowledgment of the participant's participation;
4. During recording of the participant's performance, the guardian hereby authorizes the staff at CPL to act on the guardian's behalf according to their best judgment in any emergency with regard to the participant requiring medical attention, and the guardian hereby waives any and all claims, expenses and/or damages for personal injury, illness and/or property damage that the guardian or the participant may have against CPL, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and/or its directors, officers, agents, employees, contractors, representatives and any volunteers associated with CPL. CPL is not responsible for any personal items that are lost, stolen or damaged during the trials.
5. The participant and the guardian shall not without the consent in writing of CPL reveal or make public any information revealed by CPL in relation to the trials/selections or issue any publicity, interviews or make any statement relating to the CPL, in each case, without the written consent of CPL, and shall not keep or take or publish any record or other matter, written or otherwise, relating to the trials/selections or any photographs of persons working on the CPL or of any matter or thing connected with the production of the CPL without, in each case, the prior written consent of CPL;
6. CPL shall not be liable to the guardian or the participant under any circumstances in respect of any claim for loss of opportunity on the part of the participant to enhance the participant's reputation;
7. The guardian will fully indemnify CPL against all actions, losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses of whatever nature arising directly or indirectly from any breach of the Terms and Conditions and the CPL Rules of Conduct.
IV. Required documents:
The participant must carry originals as well as one certified copy of each of the documents specified below. The documents may be subjected to any scrutiny or cross-verification that CPL and / or its nominees see fit, and the certified copies may be retained by CPL for records.
1. Proof of age (any one of the options listed in section I.1 above);
2. Proof of identity (any one of the options listed in section I.2 above);
3. Besides these documents, the participant (and Guardian, in case of participants under 18 years of age) will be required to sign the undertakings specified in this document, and any other reasonable undertakings or self-certifications specified by the CPL.
V. The Courts in Chandigarh shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction on any dispute in relation to the CPL.
VI. CPL reserves the right to amend any of these Rules, Terms and Conditions at any stage before or during the trials/selections/matches and the participant can access the amended Terms and Conditions on our website - www.cpl2020.com
VII. By agreeing these Terms and Conditions, either by participant or in case of minors the legal guardian, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.